Exoplanet: First Contact
Setting[edit | edit source]
The game is set in a Space Western universe - a subgenre of science fiction, that transposes themes of American Western books and film to a backdrop of futuristic space frontiers.
In Exoplanet: First Contact we have brought together distinctive elements of Wild West, futuristic technologies and feudal society of a distant human colony, placed on a wild and dangerous planet named K'Tarsis.
The planet is going through dark times of crisis and chaos after a massive wave of gold rush. K'Tarsis is now a "ghost colony" with no law and order except of "the rule of gun and fist".Colonists must struggle to survive in aggressive environment and fight the uprising natives and criminals of all kind.
Style[edit | edit source]
Exoplanet:First Contact is a balanced Action/RPG mix focused on exploring and interaction with the game's world. There will be no complicated statistic and numbers. Action is represented by 3rd person shooter with deep gunplay and tactical variability, based on the so called "Gunslinger Mode" (see the 3d-screnshot in our video!). The "Gunslinger Mode" is an advanced variant of "slow time" game mechanic. It replaces the classic tactical pause but does not reduce the dynamic of the action that much.
Story[edit | edit source]
You start your adventures on K'Tarsis as Jack Sharp, a space nomad, who has lost his starship and was enslaved by some criminals. You must recover your freedom and avenge your foes. Explore the dangerous planet and its darkest secrets! Find legendary treasures of mysterious race of so called "Dark Wanderers"! You will become a part of epic events and fascinating stories! Be prepared to take hard choices and be ready to face consequences! It's up to you to be a hero or a villain!
Key features[edit | edit source]
- Interactive environment as a gameplay component. For example you can catch a poisonous bug and throw him as a sticky grenade, causing chaos and fun! There are some riding animals, which you can use to kill enemies or cross obstacles and destroy defensives.
- Non-linear story and various gameplay options. You can choose your tactics. Lead this world to peace and order or cause war, violence and destruction.
- Dual wield guns and cold steel! Combine your attacks with interactive environment usage. For example you can grab, throw and shoot an explosive canister over a group of enemies to cause an effective area of effect damage.
- Fascinating story and charismatic characters
- Exoplanet FC is a beginning of epic space saga!
Software[edit | edit source]
Proprietary Software: self-developed Sahara Engine and World Editor with necessary toolset and utilities.